Please Help with W32.myzor.fk@yf virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first experience with TechSpot and I'm very impressed with the quality of advice for those of us that have no idea what to do with these problems!

I've read the threads regarding this w32.myzor problem, but am not really sure which set of instructions to follow. Can someone point me in the "latest" direction?

Thanks very much.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted your other post as it is far better to have your own thread, rather than posting in a thread that`s been created by someone else.

Now to your problem.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of golfer0237 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

HJT log file attached

Howard, after following your instructions, my system seems to be working normally. I am getting an error from McAfee VirisScan - "Some components of ActiveShield are either missing or might not have been installed properly" - I think I deleted one of the automatic update files with HJT - if I did that - how do I get it back?

You mentioned to run a "full AV-scan" - what is that and how do I do it?

Thanks for your help. I really, really appreciate it!!

Well done, your HJT log is clean.

As regards your McAfee problem, try the following.

Run HJT and click on the config button, then the backups button. Locate the entry you wish to restore and place a tick in the little box next to it. Click the retore button/ok. Reboot your system and the file should now be restored.

If that doesn`t help, reinstalling McAfee will probably sort it.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of golfer0237 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

cleaning up my computer??

Howard, thanks again for helping to clean up my computer. It still seems to be running a little slow - is there any type of diagnostic that I can run to see if that's true?

Also - I used so many different programs to de-virus my computer that I have no idea which ones actually cleaned something. I'd like to donate som some of these programs - and advise as to the best way to do that?

Lastly, do you recommend un-installing all of the programs used to de-virus? I have installed McAfee - which doesn't seem to like running with other programs. I'm not sure if that conflict is causing the slow system response that I'm seeing.

Best regards,
Golfer0237 (and now I can go play some golf instead of fixing my computer!!)

You can get rid of all the antispyware tools except Spybot/Ad-Aware/Ewido/Ccleaner.

As for your system running slow. This could be down to McAfee as it is a resource hog.

If you would like to post a fresh HJT log. I`ll be happy to take a look and advise.

Howard - I've attached a fresh HJT log file. I could not keep Adaware because there are conflicts with McAfee virus scan. System seems to take a very long time to load IE, but once loaded, performance improves slightly - although the web sites still take longer to load than I remember.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Golfer0237

If you look at your HJT log, you`ll see there are lots and lots of McAfee entries.

I wouldn`t mind betting this is what`s slowing your system down.

The free AVG antivirus programme and either the free Zonealarm or the free Kerio firewall programmes, will be a lot kinder to your systems resources.

You can get them HERE, HERE and HERE.

If you decide to give them a try, download the programmes and then disconnect from the net. Completely uninstall McAfee and reboot your computer. Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by AVG. Reboot your computer the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the AVG updates. Boot into safe mode and run a full system scan with AVG, delete whatever it finds. Reboot into normal mode.

Let me know if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back