Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to remove the heatsink from the mother board and I couldn't get it out for some reason. So my *****ness decided to use some plyers. Well, I accidently sratched the mother board. It wasn't a big sratch so I didn't think anything of it, till I booted my computer. Now it doesn't give a beep nor the monitor won't turn on. It says sometime like must acitivate with computer. Am I skrewd? Can a sratch ruien the motherboard, or did I somehow lossen up the CPU? Please can someone give me some advice to what I did? Thanks Big! :wave:

Well, its just possible that you are indeed skrewd, as you say. No, a scratch will NOT do the motherboard any good, and it probably is broken.

But let's not accept that for now.

Take everything completely apart again. Reseat all components. Power up with just mobo, RAM, CPU, graphics card and PSU. What happens now?

Thanks for the quick response phantasm66! I tried dissasembling it again and putting it back together and nothing! I guess I'm going to be $200 bucks broke. Thanks for the advice. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back