please recommend wireless set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us assume a budget of 70 then? Are you sure it is a wireless access point you want and not a router?

Looking at pricerunner.co.uk.. Linksys WAP55AG and a Linksys WPC55AG should come at something around 60 GBP. 10 for shipping :)

if u have a notebook then buy a wireless router then purchase a wireless notebook card, if not buy one for a desktop(PCI slot needs to be available on desktop, or go for the higher priced Linksys USB adapter)

I'm going with access point over router because they should be cheaper?
And I need a phone port on the router for vonage ( i already have the wired router with the phone port)
Is the linksys one reliable then?

thx

Linksys makes good wireless gear, yes. These devices also support the 5GHz band, meaning that you have a good chance of getting an interference-free network. And yes, an AP is what you want when you already have a router.

I just picked a PCI wireless adapter for you, but something else may suit your needs better. For a laptop an USB or a PCMCIA device is needed insteadof PCI. For a desktop, an USB adapter may be placed more favourably to get a better signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back