Please remove that new background!

Please remove that new background with the black 3DS letters with the blurry effect on your main page. It quite frankly looks like a dirty spot on my monitor whenever I bring up the page (which is all the time since it's my home :p

Thanx and keep up the great job

Thanks for the input. Actually I love the way it looks ;) , need more feedback though, I guess I must do what the readers want :approve:

I personally think it looks cool, but I can see if someone who doesn't know 3dspotlight as 3ds would think something might be wrong, or might not be able to see it says 3ds.

Julio; the background is fine! Artistically wise & color correct.
If anything I'd like to see "Block 3D Text" for a more realistic 3D effect.

Mr. Kernal, the proper & gentlemanly way to word your request is,
"In my opinion..." followed by your suggestion for improvement, "I would suggest the background be changed to..."

Black blotches on a 15" TFT at 1024 resolution.
I guessed that it must say news or something.
If it was just a faded grey rather than black and quite so blurry I think it would be better.

looks cool, IMO. would be pretty boring if there were no background at all.
but i think it should be put under (after) the news. i feel it's stealing the focus...

What we are talking about....

See attached small section of 3ds main page.

Attachments

• blotchy.jpg
    blotchy.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 18
I also think the page would look a bit boring without that background, anyway, I've modified it a bit (the background) so it's a bit more whitey so it shouldn't bother you when reading the headlines.

I know some of you, 3DS regular visitors won't see a point of having the addition (headlines+latest articles) however you must admit, headlines are useful and new visitors will catch easily with our content with the info in there.

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
I know some of you, 3DS regular visitors won't see a point of having the addition (headlines+latest articles) however you must admit, headlines are useful and new visitors will catch easily with our content with the info in there.
Yes, I can admit that :)

Julio, what do you think about bolding or maybe using a blue font for the "Latest 3DS" and "News".

Just a thought...

I'm on a Viewsonic GS790 19" monitor @ 1024x768x32 @ 100Hz
reads fine to me, so you actually can't even read letters there?

I'll try it on a monitor tomorrow but on my laptop TFT it just looks like black faded blobs. 1024x768x32, and 60Hz apparently...

Gaaa :eek:
Need new eyes then.
Saying that I am using w2k drivers for this old dell as dell haven't released any proper ones for it in w2k for the ATI Rage Mobility 8mb adapter... could be that being rubbish :)

I am on a Samsung SyncMaster 950p and it looks great to me too. Keep up the great work Julio and staff !!!

Sorry

DIdn't think some of you would take my comment kinda personal. I love this page, it is my main source of news and I know what the initials stand for as well.

In my opinion, it would look better if there was no blur at all on the letters, kinda like a watermark look would be nice if you know what I mean...

In any case, I don't think I've ever posted on this forum before, so I don't even expect you guys to take what I'm saying into consideration (I'm a nobody here ;) ) but it was just a thought...

again, keep up the good work, and sorry for any misunderstanding guys...

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Evil Kernel
In my opinion, it would look better if there was no blur at all on the letters, kinda like a watermark look would be nice if you know what I mean...

I agree... As it is right now, it's just a wee bit to blurry for my liking... If you don't know what to look for, it's easy to think it's just something blurry...

In any case, I don't think I've ever posted on this forum before, so I don't even expect you guys to take what I'm saying into consideration (I'm a nobody here ;) ) but it was just a thought...

We were all new here once, so don't sweat it!

Re: Sorry

I'm with you in the minority on this one.
:grinthumb

Back