Please Review My HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormriot

My computer was infected with spyware and I tried getting rid of them through the guides here on TechSpot. It seems pretty okay. However, I am still having a problem with installing certain software such as AVS Grisoft, Ewido, Spybot Search and Destroy, and EZ Armor. Even when I try to search it and download it...my browser exits itself :confused:

Can you please take a look at my HJT log and tell me what is wrong?

Thank you.

Kill these processes if you can:

C:\WINNT\system32\bootini.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\laxwd.exe
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\starter.exe

Remove bootini.exe parameter from these:

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe bootini.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe,bootini.exe

Fix these:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [uhljdo] C:\WINNT\system32\uqhsdq.exe reg_run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows] bootini.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [qesle] C:\WINNT\system32\uqhsdq.exe reg_run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows] bootini.exe
O4 - Global Startup: nxstj.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\RlJFRQ\command.exe (file missing)

I guess I should say the usual boot to safe mode and disable system restore etc...

Your system is infected with quite a few nasties. You`re also not running any antivirus or firewall software. This is a huge security risk.

Download and install the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes. You can get them HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times. Run the antivirus updates.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

bootini.exe
laxwd.exe
nxstj.exe
command.exe
uqhsdq.exe

Close task manager.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Command Service

Close the services window.

Run a full system scan with your antivirus programme and delete whatever it finds. This includes anything in qurantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe bootini.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe,bootini.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [uhljdo] C:\WINNT\system32\uqhsdq.exe reg_run

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows] bootini.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [qesle] C:\WINNT\system32\uqhsdq.exe reg_run

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows] bootini.exe

O4 - Global Startup: nxstj.exe

O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\RlJFRQ\command.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINNT\RlJFRQ\command.exe

nxstj.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

bootini.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

C:\WINNT\system32\uqhsdq.exe reg_run

C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of stormriot only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Okay I did everything you said above for me to do. However, I could not take that pesky laxwd.exe off for some reason. Nor could I find it anywhere in my system. But I would see it hide itself too as soon as I I would go to task manager to stop it from running.

But I installed the EZ Firewall now, so thats good. Can you look over my HJT log and tell me what else needs to be done.

Thank you.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

laxwd.exe
wufanvd.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe, C:\WINNT\system32\laxwd.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,wufanvd.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,wufanvd.exe

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of stormriot only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

when it reboots and post a fresh HJT log.

When I try to open the avenger.exe it says "Integrity check failed! This file has been modified. Reason might be a possible virus infection!"

What does that mean? Do I need to be opening this under safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back