Pls help with fsb/bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a shuttle AV49PN motherboard socket 478 with a p4 proccessor which is 2.53 gigs. my proccessor is only running at 1.9 gigs because the fsb isnt set right (according to compgeeks.com's tech support) but i cant find the setting to change it. i dont know whats speed its on either. the processor is 533 mhz and i am positive it is supported by the motherboard. would it work if i clicked "load optimal settings" or best performance settings in cmos. i dont want to overclock anything. just want it to run like it should

Hmm, a quick search pulled up that your CPU speed is set by jumpers JP2 and JP3 on the motherboard itself, not in BIOS.
You'll have to find the user manual to figure all that out. But it would appear you need to change the jumpers to be faster. Find the manual in PDF on shuttle's web site.

Ok. i found in the manual where it tells me how to set it but my only options are an fsb speed of 100 mhz, 133 mhz and 200 mhz. for a processor fsb speed of 533 what should i set it as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back