Plz help no sound, using creative sound blaster "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calky

Hi, I just bought this computer of eBay and I'm having trouble with the sound. It says in control panel "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
And in sound options it says there is no audio device.

If it is a card then try it in a different slot first. If it is not showing up in device manager then I doubt that it is the drivers. Also what Windows version are you using?

Ok I will try putting it in a different slot and then will tell you what happens.

I am using windows xp professional.

Ok I uninstalled the sound card then opened up the computer and and changed the spot it was plugged in. When I restarted the computer staight away it said that if found new hardware "multimedia audio controller" and when it tried to install that it said "the hardware was not installed because the wizard could not find the nesscesary software"

After that I installed my sound card and still have code 10 error.

Calky said:
Ok I uninstalled the sound card then opened up the computer and and changed the spot it was plugged in. When I restarted the computer staight away it said that if found new hardware "multimedia audio controller" and when it tried to install that it said "the hardware was not installed because the wizard could not find the nesscesary software"

After that I installed my sound card and still have code 10 error.
By installing ur sound card I presume ur talking about the drivers, right? Try getting the latest available drivers and then when ur PC detects the 'Multimedia Audio Controller' try to install them. Or if they're an exe file(which they usually are), skip the windows default installation and run the .exe file. That should fix ur problem. If it doesn't hang around a bit, other ppl might spot ur problem and fix it up for you.
Oh, and Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to u. :D

Where do find the newest drivers and how do I find the .exe file to install for the multimedia audio controller.

Try to identify model # if possible go to Creative website, It may be soundblaster 'live value' which is a pretty common driver. OR...there's
still enough time for a last minute request from SANTA. Happy Happy
Joy Joyust of Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Can you name the vard version exactly? - sound blaster aint helping much, just means it's a Creative product, whether it's a Live!, Audigy , Audigy 2 or something else, we cannot know until you tell us, even the model ID would be helpful.

Follow Rage's link and download the newest drivers for your card, but be sure to uninstall your current ones before installing the ones from Creative's site.

Error 10 usually means either the drivers are incorrect or there's an IRQ conflict between the soundcard and some other device - if it's because of the drivers, the ones from Creative's site should solve that, if it's an IRQ issues, try moving card yet again into another slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back