PLZ HELP! O&O Defrag 8.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul05

Hi,
I've just install O&O Defragment 8.0 and after the installation, I enter my registration code. Then I run the program and it gave me this:

"The connection to O&O Defrag Agent could not be established. Possibly, the O&O Defrag service had not been started. You can start it manually using the Windows Services Management.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)"

So I got to Windows Services Management and check the services of O&O Defragment Agent. It said for startup that it is automatic, so I start it now
then it give me an error 1053. So I got to google and search for Error 1053 and it give me a link to microsoft saying that it require .NET 1.1 Framework.
So I install it and then start the service of O&O Defrag again, but it still said the same!

Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Much appreciated!

Hi, I'm getting the same error trying to initiate O & O Defrag Pro 8.0...although the service is running, even stopping and restarting it doesnt resolve it, no error on restarting the service, I'll let you know when I find a solution, hopefully this morning, lol.

I know it's easy to say, but you should have bought Diskeeper 9 Pro!

Relying on .NET means the O&O program is heavily M$-dependant.
Funny though, it does not say anything about .NET in the requirements!

Have you checked that your firewall is not blocking it? O&O relies on TCP/IP!

that is exactly it, the firewall is blocking it. And I didn't buy it, i have an extended evaluation copy =p
works beautifully after allowing it.
I do have diskeeper 9, its no longer installed, O&O does a nicer job.

The FAQ on their website:
When I start O&O Defrag, my firewall tells me that someone is trying to access my hard drive. How can I solve this problem?
The communication between the components of O&O Defrag (e.g. the Agent and the GUI) is based on TCP/IP. This communication takes place only internally, and doesn't access the internet. However, most firewalls are programmed to recognize internal IP communication, so you receive a warning message.

You don't have to turn off your firewall! Simply open up port 50300. Since O&O Defrag automatically checks access privileges, there can be no external access over this port even if you are connected to the internet.

ya, I allowed it and I have no issues. I was just sitting on the toilet trying to figure out the socket connection error and I thought, symantec client security is blocking it! so it's in the other room defragging both drives now at the moment.

same problem for me, different solution, I did all the checking of firewalls & opening ports etc. but no joy, the problem was a program I have installed called "PC Security", - for password protection of files, folders, programs and internet access-.

sorted this now 0&0 defrag works just great.

btw, I have also used Diskeeper Pro in the past which was O.K. for me at the time, "different horses for different courses" applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back