Plz help with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_ OR_EQUAL" problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a newbie so please go easy...

i'm sure how the problem started, i just don't know how to fix it....

i went to my router's page and restored it to factory settings(conflicting IP address problem, but that's another story)...now every time i connect via wirelessly, i get a blue screen saying it needed to turn off the comp to prevent damage, in there somewhere is this

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

do i need to update anything or delete a corrupted file??

and if i decide to get a brand new router, will that fix it?

EDIT: i'm using windows xp

So basically you cannot access the Internet through the wireless connection- is that correct? There is more information available for this error message. Checking for the corresponding Error in the event viewer will provide that:

Follow this path:
Control Panel Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

hmm now the blue screen just happened as i was trying to follow your steps (although when looking through the errors I noticed a lot of "atitrays" or something)...

well since the blue screen is right in front of me (using laptop right now), i'll just try my best to copy the "Technical Information" on there.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x344c9000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF768E734)

*** LSIPNDS.sys - Address F768E734 base at F7686000, DateStamp 3ef91459

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

"atitrays or something" doesn't do much for me! I would guess that the atitray represents the icon appearing in the Notification area for the ATI Graphics Control.

"LSIPNDS.sys" would be related to a Linksys router. It appears that the 'restoration' of the router didn't go correctly.

The Stop Error 0x000000D1 usually has to do with an outdated driver for a Logitech mouse:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810980

That's the best I can do for you unless you give me the more specific information to be found in the Event Viewer. try accessing it through Safe Mode,, by tapping the F8 key right after the logo but before Windows loads on boot.

oh ok, will do...i only have my laptop at the moment so i will try to get the error codes later today.

oh and yeah, i have a linksys wireless pci adapter for my desktop but my router is a netgear

and the mouse i'm using right now is a GE, although i did have a logitech one installed...should i just remove its software completely?

thanks again and sorry for noob questions

It would be okay to uninstall the Logitech software- that should have been done when you were no longer using that mouse-

However, so far you have presented two other problems and I can't work through each until I get the more specific information from the Event Viewer.

Edit to delete extra content.

The Linksys PCI wireless card tops my list of suspects.
For a problem like this, there is a forum containing guides for several types of problems. When hardware or drivers are high on the suspect list, starting with a minimum hardware configuration is often used as a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back