Plz help with yahoo messenger!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This problem is really getting annoying so I was hoping someone could help me out. My yahoo instant messenger completly closes everytime I try to right click or click to send a smiley. I've tried reinstalling the software several times and have had no luck. any help is greatly appreciated since I have already posted a thread and have had no replys. Thanx

Tribal-Phoenix

msn may be better according to you, but in your case no reply would have better

perhaps uninstalling ALL yahoo files and not just the IM may cure it after re-instal. yahoo have a help zone called antispy community. visi there if you cant get sorted.

ive had yahoo problems in the past..but everyone aroudn here uses AIM
suggestion #1 dont ever send smilys..
suggestion #2 google old yahoo messenger downloads..and use an old version
i ended up uses some very out of date version cause my newer one ket messing up

:knock: yea, i tried using the older versions and it worked fine but its like having a new car and an old one... i'd rather use the new one. i really like using the pc to pc call feature. what i'm doing is just learning all the smiley codes so i could just type them in rather than to click choose them. that and trying to avoid right clicks. well thanx 4 the help!!!

don't use instant messangers. They're an invitation for viruses and other nasties... This is a typical noob problem.

Other messengers_

Try to use Miranda messenger or Gaim. They are both free and also free of manz errors that happen with the messenger from yahoo.
Also, you can try using Trillian, which is not free, but worth every penny + you could connect with it to icq, aim, msn, yahoo and irc at the same time and it is not using too much of your system resources at all.
Finally, you can try Gtalk + if you do not have a gmail account zet, send me a private message and I will invite you to create an account.
Done here!

WindowBlinds

There is a problem with Yahoo 8.1 & WindowBlinds. Just go to "Per Application" in WindowBlinds & add Yahoo Messenger in "Add per Application Setting" & Bob's your Uncle. Worked for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back