PNY Geforce 6800 GT problem please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah hi. i recently got the PNY Geforce 6800 GT 256mb video card to replace my geforce 3 ti200. When i plug it in and everything, the only color i see is blue. for example you know the bios screen in the beggining when you start up the comp? yeah the words are blue everything is blue theres no red or green or yellow or pink or purple. I've tried removing previous drivers and stuff and i have the latest drivers. I seriously need help.

Maybe that card requires too much power and you need a bigger power supply. Or maybe it's just defective.

In addition to getting power from the AGP slot, the 6800 GT requires that you have a cord from your power supply plugged in to it. Have you done that? If not, you are not supplying it with enough power.

yeah i've been supplying it w/ enough power i hope. my power supply provides 260W does anyone know how much it needs?. if i dont plug it in, it'll make a high pitched sound.

According to this, at PNY, you need a minimum off 300 watts. I've got a BFG 6800 GT OC and it also requires 300 watts. I don't know if that's your problem, but a larger power supply certainly would not hurt. I had a 250 watt and went for an Antec True Power 430.

If nobody else has any ideas, you might give PNY tech support a call.

I think its a power supply as well, everyone knows how power hungry these Nvidia 6800 cards are, by the way i have the same exact card and i have a 500 W power supply running it. Plus with these cards you need to dedicate one single molex connector from the power supply just to feed the card, meaning you can not power another device with the same power connector and get this card to perform. 260 W is nothing nowadays even if you did not have this problem you should get a newer power supply cuz all the newer stuff is getting to be really power supply intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back