Poor little rich girl goes back to jail ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DelJo63

Breaking News in Los Angeles, CA

A judge today ordered a tearful Paris Hilton back to jail, reversing a decision by the
Los Angeles County sheriff to release her and keep her under house arrest
after she had served only five days of a 45-day sentence.

As Ms. Hilton was led away to await her trip back to jail, [in tears] she turned
to her parents and said, "It’s not right!" The Associated Press reported.

================

KNX News Radio reported major conflicts between the Judicial system and the
County Sheriff managing the jail system. The Judge passed a sentence,
after which the Sheriff releases the inmate after 3 days. Not happy with
that outcome, the Judge calls Ms Hilton into court for a hearing, but someone
(not the court) declares that her participation would be over a telephone line.
There's an hour long behind the scene debate, after which Ms Hilton is
brought into court in handcuffs. When the hearing is over, the Judge
remands Ms. Hilton into custody to server the remainder of the 45-day sentence.

(seems there's a rat in the wood work somewhere; I'm sure the story is not over yet).

Remember, Hollywood is known as Tinsel-Town! :knock: :haha:

Ha she deserves it. Oh know poor rich people... They can get away with anything.

That Sheriff must have been wired some money for that to happen.

prison governor and sherrif should be sacked too and also investigated. since when have these employees of state institutions been able to to overrule a judge?
yep! money talks alright. WELL DONE THE JUDGE

I hate that girl. I loathe her. There's absolutely NOTHING I like about her.

What does she actually do? Other than prance about being obnoxious? I tried to work out what it was she did, but on the news they kept referring to her as "the aspiring actress" or "the former reality TV star." Eh?

Then there's Brittney. Seemed like a nice, sweet girl to me. But she starts hanging around with Paris, next thing you know, she's a screaming mad s1ut, drinking all the time and shaving her head. You can't tell me that's not that mad Paris Hilton's doing.

All in all, I think Paris represents alot that's bad about the time we live in - a time that makes people celebrities just because they are rich, that praises stupidity, praises being a s1ut, praises poor conduct. I hope people start to see her for what she really is.

It seems like most people in Hollywood are stupid..

The fact that I knew ALL ABOUT this, and NOTHING about a shuttle launch really makes me kind of mad...

I would agree with you mopar man 44 :( . I hate gossip with a passion :mad: ! I think that a shuttle launch is about 1,000,000,000 * more important than some rich heir who thinks she's a model goes to jail. She deserves a much longer sentence in my opinion :l .

Exactly! All you do when you gossip/get into what stars do is try to escape reality, and why people want to I don't know. When you are trying to escape reality, you might as well be saying screw you god, I am gonna be them and not live my life.

A shuttle launch is way more important considering it doesn't have to do with a spoilt rotten brat going to jail. A shuttle launch is a major thing for a lot of people, and I am willing to bet more people in the East watched it than US citizens did. This is all due to the fact that a little brat went to jail. Luckily, I have already forgotten most of what has happened/why she was going to start with because I have been working all morning :).... ANYWAY.........next!

To echo whats been said above, it's sad that I too new all about the Paris Hilton affair, but didn't even know about the shuttle launch till I saw it on Cnn after the launch. One thing I noticed, CNN.com did not put the Hilton affair in it's main headline at all, which I give them credit for. If it was there I must have missed it while I was at work and it was there for a short time only.

She's nothing but a spoiled little rich kid and thought nothing like this could ever happen to her, that she was above it all.

That being said, I wish I had her money, so I could do nothing but shop and party. I could do without the jail part though.

Actually, if I had her money, I'd stay home with every game system and build the most bad-*** computer money can buy!

Yes, I am one of those people who'd rather stay home than go party!

I noticed that in general, the more conservative News Channels like Fox and CNN don't post this stuff. The other station where I live, WHDH (daughter of NBC) spoke about this as one of their main topics. It sickens me puke: ! Don't even get me started about her tying to model :stickout: .

well people! there is one thing that we can all agree on, SHE IS WERE SHE SHOULD BE !
after saying that, we must not forget that she is not responsible for the life she had to grow up in. it must be hard to have all this money glam and glitz to live and grow up in. it must have been a torment for her, now... if she had a normal childhood, eg, growing up with unemployment, gangs and poor health care well.... perhaps she may be a more attentive to the reality of life and maybe she would have understood the law .
As from today i will be creating a 'Paris Hilton' fund to enable her to cope with trauma of imprisonment. it will also be used to give her a good start to her life on her release, and maybe a line or two

SO GIVE GENEROUSELY

:D puke: puke:

I noticed that in general, the more conservative News Channels like Fox and CNN don't post this stuff.

CNN International did.

I saw the launch on our much under rated Public Sector (Gov) TV.

All filthy rich people are basically the same. They are after one or both of

a) How to get super filthy rich
b) Do something outrageous

Many of us are simply jealous.

A billion dollars can change a person drastically.

Phantasm66 said:
I tried to work out what it was she did, but on the news they kept referring to her as "the aspiring actress" or "the former reality TV star." Eh?

Oh, I forgot about :

The young socialite.

The heiress.

....Yes.... But DOES SHE ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING>!>!>!>?!?!?

Quite apparent that the sheriff is a fan of hers...how dare he? :(

I'm pleased that the judge at least has some sense.

I think the whole Paris Hilton thing has been a complete farce start to finish. It seems the world is obsessed with celebrity and it makes me mad as hell.

As far as I`m concerned, Paris Hilton is a stupid ***** who deserves all she gets.

How the hell a sheriff can take it upon himself to try and overule a judge is beyond me. Obviously the man`s a prat.

I agree with chiaz, the judge does seem to have exercised some sense.

End of rant.

Regards Howard :)

While I won't go so far as to say that I hate Paris Hilton, I can certainly say that I don't give 2 rats ***** about her. I'm glad the judge sent her back to server her full sentence, but she will still probably be out after 25 days or so.

I am curious about the reasons behind the Sherriff letting her out early and what exactly are her medical problems (besides stupidity). Frankly, if she hadn't been born into money you would probably see her working at Wal-Mart since without all of her expensive hair extensions and makeup she looks rather plain. Not that I think she looks good now, she's to skinny for me and has no front bumpers.

I pretty much felt the same way that many of the posters above feel: who cares about poor little Paris and her rich girl problems. However, after listening to quite a few L.A. defense attorneys comment over the weekend, I am not so sure I still feel that way. All of the attorneys who practice law in L.A. and who commented on TV (that I heard, anyway) said that ANYONE who had the same set of facts/convictions, etc., as Paris would also have been let go after 4-5 days. It has become the standard for southern California jails, apparently. Now, we can argue whether letting anyone out that early is good or not, but if Paris is the only person to have to serve the full sentence because she is rich and famous, that is not right either. We should all be equal before the law.

Wow... all these postings about not caring about PH.
I just want one thing. A check for the amount of money that she has spent in one month.... jealous? yep, want to be her.....nope!!!!!!

Dude, That's Harsh........

beef_jerky4104 said:
Ha she deserves it. Oh know poor rich people... They can get away with anything.

That Sheriff must have been wired some money for that to happen.

"Money is the root all all evil". I guess what I'm saying here is that that much money could give any old flat a**ed, droopy eyed, alcoholic skank paranoid delusions of modelhood.

Whoops, it appears that once again I've missed a golden opportunity to become president of the PH fan club.

Could be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#Sociopathy

Sociopathy
The difference between sociopathy and psychopathy, according to Hare, may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder."[35] Most sociologists, criminologists and even some psychologists believe the disorder is caused by social conflicts, and thus prefer the term 'sociopath.' Those who believe as Hare does, that a combination of psychological, biological, genetic and environmental factors all contribute to the disorder are more likely to use the term 'psychopath'.

David T. Lykken proposes that psychopathy and sociopathy are two distinct kinds of antisocial personality. He holds that psychopaths are born with temperamental differences such as impulsivity, cortical underarousal, and fearlessness that lead them to risk-seeking behavior and an inability to internalize social norms; sociopaths, on the other hand, have relatively normal temperaments; their personality disorder being more an effect of negative sociological factors like parental neglect, delinquent peers, poverty, and extremely low or extremely high intelligence. Both personality disorders are, of course, the result of an interaction between genetic predispositions and environmental factors, but psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental.

Meh.

I reckon that most celebs either get their way, or get the harsh end. They either get away totally scott free (or a slap on the wrist) or the maximum sentence as a role model.

In this case, PH probably got the opportunity to be a role model.

And like all celebs, whatever they do becomes frontpage news the next day. PH is no different.

And really, thats the only reason I know about this: because its front page news. If they had stuck it to second page, I would have missed it entirely. "What? Another celeb sent to prison? /me skips".

What is funny is that you guys no details like "the sherrif trying to over rule a judge." That is exactly what the media wants everyone to know. I had heard about Paris going to jail, but I didnt watch nothing nor read about it. Because I simply do not care. This was so important on the news, same thing with Anna Nicole Smith. For weeks that all you heard about. I really do not see the hype at all. I have never thought Paris or Anna Nicole were sexy or pretty in the least little bit. Other than being a rich heirress to the Hilton fortune, I really see nothing at all interesting about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back