Popups on TS....hundreds almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

Alright - Im on Techspot. Not browsing any other web sites. So Im crusing along as usual - One ad pops up. Before I can close it, another 5 spawn from it. Then those new 5 spawn another set of 5. Before it I have the maxium number of windows open. :punch: I cant CTRL+ALT+DEL (dunno why, just doesnt work), nor can I dispose of such. If I exit one, I get another....on and on and on. After thinking of some ways to get rid of all these windows, I came to the conclusion of holding ALT+F4 for a 5 minutes. That did it :D . I'll have to reboot, my Start menu is screwed up. Anyone also get this sorta stuff? BTW, this is the second time this has happened. Both of which occured when I was browsing . Included a link of a screen shot so you can get an image of this:
http://www.bloomingtonsunriserotary.org/pic.JPG

Grr :(

Oh my......that's nuts....look at that screen shot....that's a whole lot of pop-ups! I have Norton Personal Firewall and I never get pop-ups from anywhere...so I am not experiencing this obviously horrific thing that happened to you:blackeye:

Are you sure IE just didnt go nuts??? That just looks like Techspots home page opened a 100 times.....

Certainly those doesn't look like commercial pops but TS pages opening over and over, so they are not pops... I would say a simpler explanation is that either your OS or your keyboard went nuts (Ctrl+n several times?)... unless this is happening to you on a regular basis or something I believe you just didn't spend enough time finding a more logical explanation... ahh.

Maybe it was windows, because it happened when I right-clicked a link and selected "New Window" ;) Weird huh. Pain in the arse too :blackeye:

I had something like that happen here a couple of times. I had accidentally hit the back button on both occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back