Possible Memory - Mobo faults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have recently built a new system - and happy to say all worked ok first time round.

System Spec:
MSI K8N Diamond NForce4 SLi
Athlon 64 3700+ 939
XFX GEForce 7800G 256Mb
OCZ PC3200 DDR Dual Channel Gold 2x 512Mb
Coolermaster realpower 450w

Was using the system ok for 12 hours, but found that it would not boot past the bios screen after that. I checked all connections - and found that if removed 1 stick of memory - was able to boot again. I presumed was bad memory so have returned both sticks to the store. After installing an unknown 512Mb to use until OCZ is tested i have found that again after about 12 - 13 hours machine will not boot. LED Indicator lights on Mobo tell me a memory failure again :-(

Has anybody seen this before - thanks in advance

Blue Scampi.

maybe voltage spike... or you use the Y cable to connect the video card to hard drive, causing the error.. first thing, rent out or buy one the strongest power supplies (More than 500 is preferred to those SLi...) if not, you will have to ask and complain the closest computer stores.

ok thanks for that Bushwacker, i am sure have used the Y cable with the HDD and Video card, so will change for two direct cables tonight. although i rebooted it last night and managed to complete the boot with no errors. This is proving an unstable system !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back