Possible mobo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROBLEM:

Ok, here's how it started. Power went out, yeah, this happens a lot, but one day I was happily enjoying my Crysis MP Beta game and the power goes out. I turn on the computer. The MOUSE, KEYBOARD, and MONITOR do not work with the computer. THe mouse doesn't even seem to be on when the computer is, the keyboard too. The monitor says "NO SIGNAL" on it.

A few days later, it turns back on fully. Everything works, everything is fine. Randomly, a week later, I turn off my computer before bed. THe next afternoon, the problem happens again. Same stuff, mouse, keyboard and monitor. I can still do things like eject a CD, or reset it. The blue lights i have still turn on. But the things I need don't. A week later, it works fine again, of course, i expected it to mess up again, which is why i asked for help. I got a "If it stops working again, we'll get it fixed". Surely enough, a few days later, it stops working. So we go to get it "fixed", which in reality all these people did was replace a power supply. We took it from them cause they just kept trying to get us to buy every new part. So now I have it in this room, and i'm stumped. I really am tired of this. I've gone through almost 2 months of my computer's functionality.

I just need some solutions. Some friends say I should try to reset the BIOS, because maybe it got corrupted and that kind of explains the mouse/keybard/etc. not working. Some say my motherboard is fried. Other's said "maybe cause you suck" but that's impossible. Now please, can you guys help me?

I feel for you, buddy. It does sound like mobo problem. It could have been some small damaged parts just to keep the board unstable. Wish I can tell you what exactly need to do next except take a very close visual inspection or try on a new board (duh!). But, it is helpful if you post your computer spects. Some experts might jump in anytime!!! Definitely you are not suck as the others said;)) Have a happy holiday!!

Ok, system specs:

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon(TM)64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core CPU w/
HyperTransport Technology
MEMORY: 1 GB RAM (Buffalo)
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 nForce4 SLI Chipset
DDR2/800 SATA 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,IEEE1394,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
POWER SUPPLY: Tagan EasyCon XL Series 700Watt Power Supply (SLI-Ready)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 16X PCI Express Video Card

HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

I also have some good news in case it IS the motherboard. I missed my warranty for parts by 5 days. Yep, it sucks, but out of the kindness of CyberPowerPC's hearts, they're deciding to give me another one as long as I send the old one back. My only worry is that it's not the motherboard or something. The only problem is that they're sending me a different mobo, instead of the M55 they're sending me the M57, i don't know if this is better or worse, or if i'm missing out on something, but it might be good for you guys to know.

more than likely you have a fried or failed PSU that was caused by failing to protect it from spikes. Next time, invest in an UPS.

replace your PSU and see what happens. Hopefully that's the only thing that was damaged.

M57 seems like a newer board; newer the better usually. Guess have to wait to see what happen with the new one. If you don't have a os disk with you, better let CyberpowerPC know about it and have it taken care.

I have a winXP disc, but it's already on the HD, so do i have to install it again? My new fear is losing my 200GB of data some of which will be impossible to get back.

If problem arises, because of a different board; you will not need more then just initiate a repairing process which will not mass up you data. Don't worry too much until it really messes up, then take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back