Possible Networking issue with MS platform (Software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABAMOTO

Dear all:
not sure if this is the right place to post. But I feel some of you networking pro may experiences the same thing as I did.... below is what I encountered:

This question is about giving right permission for users to access a folder, which contains a MS Access file database. In this case, without using MS Access to grant Read/Write rights, I can use Server OS to control user permissions of Read/Write.

However, it has happened a few times that suddenly some of us who have Administrator rights were only able to read the data but not able to alter; in other words, our permission rights have changed from Administrator to limited users. (Admin has both read and write, limited users only have read only).

I checked on the Server end, the permissions (for accessing that folder) are given correctly (assigned within Active Directory).

I was trying to figure out how it happened, and suddenly, I was able to view the database as Admin again.

There seems to be a glitch with my network across MS platform or something... sometimes either I cannot view the computers/shared folders on network, or sometimes I cannot access certain directories with right permissions.

Please let me know if any one of you ever encountered the same thing as I did. @_@

I also posted this under OS/Software. If this is not ok, please take it off kindly.

Thank you~~

you may want to check your odbc admin files and reset change privileges
I had a situation like that ,but as I can get access to db client could not
another area to look is passwords and users go to advanced check the box so never expires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back