Possible to change/modify laptop fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

primacarne

speedfan is giving me 33c for my hdd and 57c for my cpu temp....but my fans arent spinning as fast as i have seen them go....anyway to modify the fans on my laptop so they will run more?..or even replace them with a more powerful one??

my laptop is a thinkpad t42 and i have not undated the information in speedfan for my motherboard because i don't know the correct information and it says entering the wrong information can be extremely harmful etc...so if anyone can help me out with that too it would be great..thanks

My advice, go into bios and turn off cpu fan control or something. If that option is not avaliable, I'm sorry.

FOr my case, idle 50*C and 33*C (CPU & HDD under air-conditioned room). My fan would not spin at 50-55*C, once it reach 55*C, it will spin at maybe 800rpm or less. But once it reach 70*C then it start to spin at 2000 or even 3500 rpms.

For me now, i can;t get 70*C as i've cleaned the fan. Turning off air-conditioner, play 3D-games, remove my snapball just give me 67*C at most.

i checked my bios and i didnt see anything that said fan control in those exact words but i saw a few things that seemed close to what i was looking for....i just set everything to highest performance..we'll see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back