power supply bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgreen5s

I recently purchased a leadtek 6600gt agp and have noticed it has been underperforming compared to other users. Here are my specs.

AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
Windows XP Home
1 GB PC2700 RAM DDR
160GB Hard Drive
Leadtek Geforce 6600GT AGP
300W Power supply with 12 volts and 15 amps

I am aware that my 300W power supply may not be sufficient but I have not recieved any error messages like, "your power supply does not meet recommended specifications". My question was that could the card be not performing to its maximum potential due to the powersupply without telling me?

Besides only being 300watts, 15amps on the 12v rail isn`t good. particularly if your psu is a no name brand.

Check out this psu wattage calculator HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you, I'm aware about my power supply but I'm asking is this card degrading its performance without telling me.

Well, if your psu is struggling to put out enough power, then I would say it`s quite possible, that it will degrade the performance of your card.

What did the psu calculator say you needed?

Regards Howard :)

I am aware that my 300W power supply may not be sufficient but I have not recieved any error messages like, "your power supply does not meet recommended specifications". My question was that could the card be not performing to its maximum potential due to the powersupply without telling me?
Yes. You should not expect an error message like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back