Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmany

Can I use a 230W ATX Power Supply to feed an M748LMRT xcel motherboard?

Motherboard specs:
Supports Pentium III 450~500MHz ,Pentium II 233~450MHz and Celeron 266~433MHz CPUs with frequency at 66/75/83/100MHz in Slot 1/Socket 370 for Baby AT Form Factor.

Provides 3 DIMMs for SDRAM memory modules and is expandable up to 768MB.

High performance 64 bit 3D AGP Graphics Accelerator with 8MB frame buffer embedded in North bridge; supports Windows 98 Multiple Display feature; AGP Rev. 2.0 Spec. Compliant.

3D PCI Sound Pro on board meet PC98' Spec., HRTF Positional Audio, supports Microsoft's Direct Sound 3D, and Aureal's A3D interface, with 4 channel speaker out; Software Wave-table Synthesizer.

10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet LAN on board, supports IEEE 802.3 and 802.3u standards, and fully compliant ANSI X3.263 TP-PMD physical sub-layer.

56K Fax/Modem on board, supports V9.0 Fax/Modem standard for your internet communication.(optional)

2MB Flash Rom on board, provides complete Advances Configuration Power Interface (ACPI) and Legacy PMU and the Ultra DMA 33/66, fully compliant to C'97 and PC'98 Spec.

Provides ATX power connector, supports various features of ATX power, such as Suspend / Shutdown, Alarm Wake-Up ,Modem Ring On, Wake on LAN, Interrupt Wake-Up from Keyboard/Mouse and Keyboard Power On/Off.

Built-in Hardware Monitor circuit supports thermal, Power and Fan speed monitor; supports Intel LANDesk Client Manager (LDCM)(optional).

Bundled AMI Desktop Client Manager for detecting abnormal condition and thermal automatically or management through the network link.

Supports both Slot 1 an Socket 370 Processors for ilexibel CPU selection.

Supports PC99 Color Connector for easy identification of peripheral devices.

Providws ATX Form card for USB, PS2 Mouse and fast IR interface.(optional)

Yes,it will certainly power the motherboard. :)

It`s when you start adding drives and upgrading the video card

that more power might be needed.

If you don`t plan adding too much to the system,you might get away with it..

To be more specific, I'm planning to have this basic system configuration:
Intel Pentium III processor@450MHz; 128MB SDRAM; 10GB HDD; CD-ROM; which I'll use for basic staff like e-mail and word processing. Would that 250Watts PSU be enough for that configuration?

I used M748LMRT before, therefore it WILL SUPPORT any CPU upgrades.

And yes, it is enough power for your configuration.

If you can, you need to find more than 128MB SDRAM PC133.

The ideal for your system is 256MB - 384MB on M748LMRT

This should be enough for your everyday uses.

Thank you guys for all your help. I'm now going to refurbish a pc using the mentioned mobo and ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back