Power Surge = Pc Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BnX

Ok well, about a month ago a power surge occured it blew my screen and the Power supply. I just recently got a new screen and power supply and its all working now. But Im having problems with anything i connect. My main IDE HDD is working but my 320gb sata isnt. Windows says its unreadable. Also when i plug in a usb device such as an mp3 player to my computer it says " Device unrecognized " So i figured i may as well try installing the drivers again for the mp3 player. Did all that about 3 times and now each time i plug it in it says "Device unrecognized" and i cant put any music on it or anything. Whats wrong? I really need my sata drive to work it has 4,700 songs on it, About 30gb of movies. About 140gb of TV shows. heaps of otehr stuff also when i load the pc it tries to start up from CD. I change the settings to "Boot from Harddrive" and it works. Next time i start up it goes back to the CD Start up like wtf?

BnX said:
I change the settings to "Boot from Harddrive" and it works. Next time i start up it goes back to the CD Start up like wtf?
My guess is that the cmos battery died and that's why the settings won't stick. Have you tried changing other settings besides the boot order? If all settings seem to go back to default, then it's probably the battery. You could try replacing the battery.
BnX said:
My main IDE HDD is working but my 320gb sata isnt.
Try it in another computer or on another SATA controller. If that doesn't work, then the drive is probably dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back