PowerDVD not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Toddy

I am having problems getting both my powerDVD and WinDVD to work properly...
When I try to play ANYTHING - DVD, MPEG movie, etc., it gives me an error that says PowerDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close. This is with ANY version of powerDVD - I tried it on the latest, patched version.

The error signature is AppName: powerdvd.exe AppVer 7.0.2602.0 ModName: dxm_x.imp ModVer: 1.0.2602.0 Offset 0001c52f

It was working perfectly fine until I installed a new 500GB SATA hdd. I used Maxblast to format my new SATA drive as a bootable drive, did a 1:1 copy of the old C drive over to the new drive, and renamed it to C. Everything works fine except PowerDVD. I also tried doing a clean install straight to the new drive...still didn't work. Anybody have any ideas? I can play DVD's perfectly fine with VLC Media player but not PowerDVD.

That is very interesting that it will work with VLC, and nothing else. Before we get too carried away here, what is wrong with simply using VLC to watch movies and such?

Which version of PowerDVD are you using? Also remove it and just use WinDVD. Make sure you get patches or updates.

I'm using the latest...yes, of course I've tried reinstalling it. And I've tried other versions and it hasn't worked. Nothing's wrong with VLC...but I would like to find out why it's not working now when couple weeks ago it was working perfectly fine...and WinDVD does not work either...it won't let me right-click on menus because when I do it immediately shuts the menu down (not the program, just the menu) and gives me some error about pbviwin or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back