Powersupply compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eedarf

I'm left with a quandry. I bought a new powersupply: ASPIRE ATX-PFC680W-BL 680W, because I foolishly burnt out my old 400W one. It says it's ATX compatible and in the User's Manual there even shows a +12v Power Connector for use. I can not unfortunately locate one.

There IS however this one very fascinating plug that has 8 pins. It looks strikingly similiar to the 4-pin +12v supplier and it fits, leaving 4 of the pins exposed obviously, it's even called a 4/8 pin +12v powersupply. Logic says that it should work, but if you look at my previous posts and my inexperience, logic thusfar has gotten me few places. Opinions please, before I just do it and ruin more of my computer... :D

The 8-pin connector is just two 4-pin ones stuck together so yes, it will work just fine.

Yeah, I just broke down and did it. The real problem now is uninstalling Windows XP 64-bit edition so I can put the 32-bit Pro back on. I hate 64 bit. Any info on how to format a Primary Hard drive on XP? It wouldn't let me just install the 32 over top of it, for some reason the option is greyed out and when I try to start from the disk, the option isn't even available there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back