presario 2800 lcd problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is adrian, I have a compaq presario 2800, the screen doesn't work, bright spots start to appear and then all the screen is bright and you can't see anything. I bought a New Screen and replaced it, but nothing happend, the back light doesn't turn on, I've replaced the Inverter Board but no luck.
The external monitor is working ok. I have a clear picture. i've run all the test that the compaq website suggests and it couldn't detect any problems
I put the new screen in another laptop and works OK, I put the old screen in another laptop and the problem of the brightness it's the same.

I've checked all the cables and it apears to be fine, If I turn on the other computer and use the inverter board to turn on the lcd, when I connect the cable for the video card, it is all black.
Does someone have an idea what could the problem be?
Thanks
Adrian

I think it must be something to do with your setup was i a full package, does it boot up could you give your sstem specs?
Cheers

Hi, yes the computer boots up normally, if I connect an external monitor works ok, but no picture in the lcd screen. the only funny thing it's that when I go to the setup in the video card setup and try to change or select in which display I want the output I can't change the dimension of the screen and It always selects the external monitor.
windows XP was already insatalled from the vendor and it's been working allright for almost 2 years now, then one day I tried to turn it on and some spots appeared and that was the end

what worries me it's the fact that when i connect the old lcd, it turns on the backlight and is completly bright and with the new one it doesn't turn on at all.
Hope you can help
Thanks
Adrian

yeh, i suppose it may have something to do with your motherboard or onboard graphics possibly is it like a dos sort of colour or a proper graphics colour, also have you checked the pins or tried another cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back