Pretty bad infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantex_rox

Hello,

The other day i was surfing the net just fine, when i went to techspot.com to post some pics, but for some reason it just sat there and loaded.

Suddenly my screen refreshes and my taskbar is changed to the windows classic (which i was able to change back), but now there is no sound, the dvd drive still says there is a dvd in it, and i can't get online.

So heres what happens, when i try to adjust the volume on the taskbar it says "There is no active mixer devices available, to install mixer devices open control panel, click printers and other hardware (which there is no such thing of), then add hardware. This program will now close." In the audio hardware icon, it says that the sound card is installed and working fine, but all the fields in the other tabs are blanked out.

Whenever i go to a website, it just says action canceled, so i can't upload logs of anything, or download anything.

Ok, so i ran avast, but nothing came up, and i ran spybot, and nothing came up, and both were updated hours before the incident.

Lets see, my specs are:
Windows xp pro sp2
Crystal sound fusion integrated audio
Lite on 52x/32x/16x
Hp-vectra vl600 667mhz p3 with 256ram
windows hd is:Quantom fireball 10.2 10 gig
secondary:WDC 80gig
third:samsung 80 gig

I really need help with this because this computer is my main one that i have all my songs and videos on, which all i do is listen to music and surf the web:stickout:

This sounds more like a corruption problem, rather than a malware problem.

Are you sure you can`t post a HJT log as per these instructions?

If you can`t, I suggest trying a system restore to before your problems began and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back