'Previous overclock settings failed, default settings enabled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenharvester

Hi,
Yeah, you may think this seems like just a normal message from oc'ing too much, but a problem-I haven't overclocked anything! It booted to that point, then my hard drive went mad clicking and crashed. This was after it being turned on and off to see if my graphics card was booting because I had no video, but it turned out I had just been downright stupid and plugged it into the onboard graphics. Anyone know what could have happened? Thanks

P.S. would the power drawing thing (molex on my case fan) need to have a seperate connector or just draw power from another device? Thanks.

If this happens just once then I wouldn't worry about it too much but the PSU or HDD could have something to do with it.

You can connect a molex connector fan to its own power connector or you can put it on an optical drive's connector for example, but it's ok to do either as they don't use much power.

If it looks like the connector on the left of this pic then yes, that connects to the system fan connection on the motherboard. It's the same as the CPU fan one by the socket, but it'll be in some random place.

ec1.jpg

If you're already using that connection then you can use an adapter to connect it to a Molex power connector.

It looks like the one on the right, but there is only the white wire coming out. Does this go to the mobo? and do I need the molex connector with it as well?

Sorry, I meant right, got a bit mixed up ;)

Yeah that can plug straight into the motherboard, you don't need to use a molex adapter unless the system fan socket on the mobo is already being used, as it turns the 3 pin connector into a 4 pin Molex one.

They don't fit?
tfbrcxqjac40wphl2fcnuonlq7.png

Case fan screws are totally different to all other PC screws - they're about 7 or 8mm long, and chunky with a wide thread.

I can't come up with a better description so here's a picture:
case-fan-screws.jpg

Obviously they're a bit smaller than that though ;)

If they're too big, then they should go in one way or another (maybe at an angle?) or if they're too small, chances are they're the wrong screws.

They're self-tapping so they'll cut themselves a thread on the way in - it's always a bit hard to begin with.

Ok, it will be ok with 3 screws in if you've only done it to one of them :)

Is the screw too big for the hole in the fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back