Printer problem - system error

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

well i dont know if this fits here because this is more of a printer problem

I have a HP PSC 1210 All-in-one

Please help thanks!

I assume you must have restarted since getting this message. The first step would be to delete from the printers folder. After a restart it will get re-installed.

nope nothing works.. did everything with the softwares. the printer works as a standalone cuz it copies stuff and prints stuff by itself. so Im guessing i have to reinstall my USB ports. =[

you didn't post enough information for anyone to help you!

do you have the correct drivers? Is everything plugged in?
What does the manual say?

Are you out of paper or ink?
Is there a paper jam?
Do you have enough memory?

I just got a new laser-printer.
I hooked it up with a USB cable, and it would NOT work, until I switched ports to the Virtual Printer Port for USB.
Main thing, it works!

IronDuke said:
You still need drivers. See here.

hi ive used those drivers before. Ive installed both the driver printer came with and the one downloadable from HP. I think its a windows problem.

Tedster said:
do you have the correct drivers? Is everything plugged in?
What does the manual say?

Are you out of paper or ink?
Is there a paper jam?
Do you have enough memory?

I dont have the manual anymore. I talked to someone from HP instead and they told me what to do step by step... didnt work. The guy assumed it was a problem with MY computer and all he said was reinstall ur USB ports and ditched.

no im not out of paper. i got about 5 stacks of 500. uhmm ink? no jus refilled. paper jam? no.. memory? yea.. 1GB

wut kind info do u want? need? if there is still a paper jam? lol or my system specs? :suspiciou

type of printer perhaps? system specs?
come on this is obvious otherwise we are guessing! Typing "help I have a problem" doesn't let anyone know what kind of problem you have. Computer techs have to know what kind of system you have just like mechanics have to know what kind of vehicle you have.

Tedster said:
type of printer perhaps? system specs?
come on this is obvious otherwise we are guessing! Typing "help I have a problem" doesn't let anyone know what kind of problem you have. Computer techs have to know what kind of system you have just like mechanics have to know what kind of vehicle you have.

im sorry but.. incase ur a bit blind.. :blackeye:
i did write wut kinda printer it is on my first post. It is also on the error msg (the picture i posted up there)

its an HP PSC 1210 All-in-one
HP = Hewlett-Packard
PSC = Printer, Scanner, Copier

System specs:
please check my public profile.

Thank you n sorry to trouble you

I found out the hard way today (on a HP-1300 Laserjet), that you can put the USB-cable in 180 degrees wrong! Go figure, took me 20 minutes to spot it!
Try that (and the virtual USB-port I suggested earlier).

do you have USB-port(s) enabled via your BIOS?
SOmetimes it's USB 1 and 2, sometimes it's 0 and 1, sometimes there is only ONE, but generally something UniversalSerialBus in BIOS, usually under Advanced or Peripherals or thereabouts...

Check back, y or n.
If two USB settings, both ENABLED?

Check back, y or n.

Then, printer settings in BIOS:
ECP, EPP, CPP, what are they?

Thanks!

Hi, all USB ports are enabled.. have to cuz all my peripherals are USB connected. anyway HP helpd me fix this problem. I jus had to basically add hpzeng01.exe from system32/hp folder into the DEP list... fixed my problem.. thanks to those who put an effort into helping me =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back