Printer Problem - to date unsolvable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to get assistance in other forums but to date no one (OEM's included)has been able to figure this one out. I have a Dell Dimension 8300 running Windows XP Home and a Lexmark X125 all in one printer(USB Connection). The problem I am having is that whenever a user logs accesses the internet (cable modem) and prints a web page or pages. The next user can not print nor can the original user once they have closed out explorer. The drivers are current. Both Dell and Lexmark have been no help at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't trust Lexmark to start with, but that is beside the point.
Uninstall that printer and all its drivers from every user on that PC.
For each user, check the Add/Remove Hardware and make sure you tick the 'Show hidden devices'.
Get the latest drivers from the Lexmark (or Dell) website.
Then log in as administrator and install the printer only once, but for for EVERY user on that PC.
If the problem persists, open the window, and throw that printer out, or use it as a (bulky) doorstopper.

yeah lexmark makes an overall shoddy product. i have a z11 and just last week i gave it the usual kick so it would grab the paper whilst printing something and my boot went right through the housing, breaking the innards. i disconnected it, took it to my alley, and beat it down with a sawed off table leg. (scene not unlike a certain part of office space) it was very satisfying. i mean, the printer cost me $22, but it's been a nonstop pain in the neck since i bought it. i often encounter lexmark printers that will not get any ink on the page. the solution is to buy a better printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back