Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluescreenNoob

So I just bought a Lexmark x125 all in one printer. Now my computer will not load windows with it connected. It runs through 1 of my 2 usb ports. The other is used for my cable modem. The first time I disconnected it and started windows my computer wouldn't load web pages, it was like I was on a 1k modem or something, I restarted again and there was no problem with my connection. Maybe there's a conflict witht the 2 usb ports? I went to www.lexmark.com but there is no help there for me. If anybody knows how I can fix this let me know plz :grinthumb

My System Specs
Win98se
192mb ram
535mhz celeron
Directx 9 (should of never downloaded it)
Geforce 2 400MX (not compatible^)

Even though my card isn't direct 9 supported I really don't run into many problems.

I know, I'm getting a new computer this month

Have you tried booting the system without the printer plugged in and then once already in the OS connecting it? What happened if so? Any error messages? Could you check device mananger (don't remember if this exists in 98) for anything odd once it was connected?

LNCPapa

I can disconnect it and windows will load, I just want to know how to fix this without having to do that everytime. No error messeges and everything else checks out fine.

Have you tried bypassing the USB? And plugging straight into the printer port on the back of the computer with a cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back