printer sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and are on a wireless router; both running WXP HOME. The router is a Motorola SBG940. This was installed by Time-Warner. The internet is Ok but cannot share a LexmarkX-74 printer. I had an answer a while back but was forced to remove everything from hard drive. Is there a simple solution to this? Any help will be appreciated.

First of all are you both in the same work group and has the printer been marked as shared on the computer it is connected to?

Everything is as it should be; sharing enabled on both machines. The only thing I have not checked is the workgroup names. Have to try that.

Get them in the same workgroup then when you go to add a network printer you should be able to browse through all the machines on the network and find the one that has the priter that you want to print from.

USB printers are real nitemare
I cannot get my epson to net for nothing
somthing about virtual usb drivers if you still have problems and ned printer bad if usb find print server adapter may work
xp home sucks for networking ,but should still get it to work
keep swinging

Samstoned said:
somthing about virtual usb drivers if you still have problems and ned printer bad if usb find print server adapter may work
keep swinging
One other thing: when our machines were on a wired router it worked fine. Do you think a wireless set up is the problem? If she really wants a printer we'll most likely buy one.

Samstoned said:
keep swinging
Never had any problems networking a usb printer. The last 5 networks that I help setup up for friends at home have have usb printers and shared them with out any problems.

sanitary do you have any firewalls on either of the machines?

I tried the program that was reccomended but my modem (motorola sbg940) was not on their list. We both have ZA on our machines. Might try shuuting both down and try again. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back