Printer Sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I need help with my printer sharing, i cannot find any printers while trying to add a printer via control panel > Printers and other hardware > add a printer.

This is on my new laptop : Dell inspiron 6400, but on my other dell desktop i found the printer using the 'add a printer' option fine, but when i use this laptop it cannot find any printers?

Any help is appreciated

British_Command said:
I need help with my printer sharing, i cannot find any printers while trying to add a printer via control panel > Printers and other hardware > add a printer.

This is on my new laptop : Dell inspiron 6400, but on my other dell desktop i found the printer using the 'add a printer' option fine, but when i use this laptop it cannot find any printers?

Any help is appreciated

Not to be funny but did you plug in the Parallel cable/USB cable and have the power on, then add a printer?

The answer

right i think it did come with software and i think i installed it but i will double check, also the printer is connected to a computer which is usually on, i made sure it was turned on when i was trying to connect to the printer.

But i have a program called 'Dell Network Assistant' and that can pick up my printer but for some reason when i try to add it, it doesnt let me and im pretty sure i have enabed sharing although i will double check that too!

Thanks again anymore info will be appreciated as the info i just got is appreciated lol!,

MrP

When I was networking to my printer on my other PC, the easiest way I found was to first go into the printer properties on the PC it was physically connected to and enable sharing.

Then I went to my network places on the remote PC and found the other PC listed and double-clicked it. Then I went into the 'Printers and Faxes' folder and found the printer. Then I simply right-clicked and connected to it.

I hadnt installed any drivers on the remote PC prior to this, but these were installed automatically as part of the connecting process. After that it appeared in my list of printers

Hope this helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back