Printing - adobe and .gif docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle2

I have two issues.

When I print .pdf docs, Adobe used to close after printing. Now it stays open. I am using Xp Pro and Adobe professional v6. I know its old but Im tied to company restrictions.

Also I get faxes through on emails attached as .gif's. When I open the email I used to be able to right click and choose print and off it would go to be printed. Now MS picture and fax viewer opens and asks me to setup a printer every time. Is there a way I can set up a default printer in this software - or permanently turn off ms picture and fax viewer?

Thank you

Michelle

1. ensure your adobe 6 is updated. updates should make it forward compatible.
2. run crap cleaner (CCleaner) registry repair. It's free.

I'm not sure what Windows normally opens gifs with, but I imagine if it isn't MS Picture & Fax Viewer that it would be Paint. So what you can do to make that happen is save the picture somewhere, then right click on it and Open With, then browse/locate Paint and make sure the little box is checked so that it uses that program every time.

SNGX1275 said:
I'm not sure what Windows normally opens gifs with, but I imagine if it isn't MS Picture & Fax Viewer that it would be Paint. So what you can do to make that happen is save the picture somewhere, then right click on it and Open With, then browse/locate Paint and make sure the little box is checked so that it uses that program every time.

Hi,

I have tried that, also setting it to the default program, but ms seems to want this program to be the default. I have even tried the registry edit, but on the next update this is "fixed".

Thank you for your reply though

Michelle2 said:
Im tied to company restrictions.
The restrictions have probably been set to your user profile as well, so that you can't install a printer or change some default applications. Talk to your company's system administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back