Pro Logic II on older games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if older console games, such as the older PS2 games developed before Sony announced Pro Logic II support, would reap any benefits at all from the Dolby Pro Logic II decoder in my receiver. Obviously, newer games with Pro Logic II would be best decoded in this mode, but I was curious as to whether older games would have similar advantages.

Allegedly, Pro Logic II is able to derive 5.1 sound from any stereo source. So although Pro Logic II games would directly benefit from having been designed from the ground up to take advantage of this, shouldn't older games at least experience some of its benefits? Or, at least, to a degree?

Pro Logic II will work with any stereo source so you should get some benefit from its use.

DXnfiniteFX said:
I was wondering if older console games, such as the older PS2 games developed before Sony announced Pro Logic II support, would reap any benefits at all from the Dolby Pro Logic II decoder in my receiver. Obviously, newer games with Pro Logic II would be best decoded in this mode, but I was curious as to whether older games would have similar advantages.

Allegedly, Pro Logic II is able to derive 5.1 sound from any stereo source. So although Pro Logic II games would directly benefit from having been designed from the ground up to take advantage of this, shouldn't older games at least experience some of its benefits? Or, at least, to a degree?

As mentioned Pro logic II works with any Stereo source so you will get 5.1 from any game that uses stereo or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back