Prob playing video in wmp9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems playing videos in wmp9. Certain files will give me audio but all i get for the video is a couple of diagonal lines going accross the screen. Originally i thought it might have been my graphics card (crappy voodoo 3:eek: , can't afford a new one just yet) but the other day it let me play the videos for about 10 mins before screwing up again. When it did play the videos it would tell me "error downloading codec" and then start playing anyway:confused:. audio was fine but video was pretty much in slow mo and out of sync with the sound. It came up with a wee exclamation mark next to the offending files in the playlist telling me that the yv12 codec (not for the movies tho) was required but i've since installed that codec and a load of others but it still won't work.
I've run out of ideas now and so have my mates so can anyone help???

what type of video are you trying to play ie AVI MPG etc, also try using a diiferent player other than WMP9 i use Real player that tends to play most files that MP9 wont play. also if its DIVX it's better to use a DIVX player rather than use the codec, as WMP9 sometimes wont paly the file even if the codec is installed.

Download this app http://avicodec.duby.info/
it will give you codec info about your video files and tell you if you have the codec needed to play them. It will help to determine whether the problem is codec related or if it is something else such as a player problem.

All of the offending files are avi. Have tried use real and divx players but still nothing. Still haven't tried quicktime yet but doubt that'll work either. The player randomly started playing them again earlier, same as before but upside down this time?!?!?!?!?
i've downloaded the avicodec, cheers for that stormbringer, so i'll see if that gives me any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back