Prob. with windows defender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettle1

Hi guys and girls . I have recently tried to install windows defender and it keeps getting hung up on the windows installer screen. Seems like the download is good and everything. I also did all the vaildation crap that windows does, so i dont think its the OS. Any suggestions? Do i even really need it ? Any other good ones out there? I use ad-aware SE personal now and i only browse with Mozilla firefox. Any thought or help would be much appreciated.

Maybe you have to choose a download location that is closer to where you live. That used to happen to me updating Spybot S+D. As for Windows Defender itself, I don't really think much of it. Maybe you'd like to try an AVG and Zonealarm combination, that's what everyone around here recommends anyway...

Windows Antispyware Tool, now called Windows Defender, another piece of untrustworthy Micro$haft junk.
If you need anything like that, PCTools' PC-Doctor has pulled up mightily lately. It also beats WebRoot's Spysweeper, which used to be one of the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back