Problem access flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

I am having a wee bit of trouble with my flash drive. I did read this (https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45647.html) thread and it's not that sort of problem.

Basically what happened is my flash drive worked fine, then I re-installed Windows XP on Monday and since then I have been unable to access the flash drive. There is nothing wrong with the flash itself, it opens on both a friend's computer and the one at work.

I have tried both the front USB plug ins and the ones at the back, no luck. I don't think there is anything wrong with the computer itself because my tablet still functioned as normal when I plugged it in. My Mp3 player is generally treated as a flash drive by my computer as well, and while I could charge it, I couldn't access any of the files on it either. The same also happened when I tried someone else's flash drive.

Windows does recognise that the flash drive is there, it gives me the little "new hardware found" message and the flash drive appears in the Device Manager where it is enabled and supposedly working fine. When I click on the safely remove hardware icon in my tray, the flash drive is listed and closing it tells me its safe to take it out. Only when I open My Computer or Windows Explorer there is no drive for it listed, where there should be an E drive, there is just nothing.

Is there somewhere else I have to go to enable it?

nvigate to Disk Management (right click on MyComp./Manage) and see that the drive is present
if it is - get the properties and then populate the volume
im not sure that will work but u can try

regards

an0nym0us said:
do other USB devices work properly when plugged in to your computer?

I have a graphic tablet that works through the USB and that seems to be working just fine. It's only the instances where I need to get to stored data that seems to provide the computer with difficulty.

Gars said:
nvigate to Disk Management (right click on MyComp./Manage) and see that the drive is present if it is - get the properties and then populate the volume im not sure that will work but u can try

Tried that, it showed me what size flash drive I have and all that, but when I went back to My Computer, still no access to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back