Problem accessing web through IE but no problem in other file menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically like I said I cannot access the web through IE but I can through say any file menu that has an address bar. But even with those I can't use any java and any "wanted" pop ups that normally work when IE was working won't work such as clicking a link to a picture or another website that requires a new page. I've tried turning off popup protection and that doesn't even help. Although I still don't get popups. I would attach my HJT file but the link to do that "manage attachments" like many doesn't work for me. So i'm not sure how I can get that to someone.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First go HERE and follow the instructions. You might want to print them out.

Once you have done that go HERE and follow the instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you have broadband internet, try pressing F8 at boot and entering 'Safe Mode with Networking' and see if the problem is the same (this will show if it is a 3rd party program proactively blocking IE (assuming that IE works)). If IE still cannot browse within safe mode OR if you use a DIAL-UP connection, without a clearer description of the symptoms (about:blank page, 'page cannot be displayed', errors, etc) try Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, UNcheck 'enable third-party browser extentions'.
Note, IF IE works in safe mode, someone may have blocked IE from accessing the internet with a Firewall.. Check the browser after disabling firewall programs. (Make sure to temporarily disable the Windows firewall (esp. if you have SP2)).
Failing this, it is most likely that you have a problem with spyware/hijacker that the HJT pros can fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back