Problem Blue Screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonreflexabilit

My computer just recently has blue screened twice. Displaying a message.
I couldn't get the message down.
Attached is my minidump.
Any help is welcome.

Attachments

• Mini012108-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 8
more info

ive got the blue screen info cuz it happened again.
the code at the bottom.
Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000D3C, 0x000000IC, 0x00000001, 0x805025A5)

Attachments

• Mini012108-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Your first mindump said your issue is memory corruption. The second minidump was unreadable as per Windows Debugger. It stated the file was corrupted.

That being said, run MemTest on your RAM for at least 10 passes. Any errors and you've got faulty memory.

Then you need to run MemTest on each and every stick to determine if one or if all are corrupted. Replace faulty RAM.

i can try again, but i ran memtest for about 45 minutes (100%)until the it said that there were no errors on that empty blue chunk. and it started to run again.
i am now doing a chkdsk and after that finishes ill update the thread with the other minidumps.

PS this is my first comp so im pretty noob at terms and stuff.

MemTest takes a looooonnnnnngggggg time to run. 45 minutes isn't even enough time on average to make one complete pass. You need at least 10 passes (some say 7 as a minimum standard). Most people start it before they go to bed and check it the next morning.

If you can try and attach more minidumps as they occur.

oh ok, ill run it again when i sleep tonight.
I did a chkdsk and it says the problem :
Security descriptor verification complete.
correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F(fix) option to correct these.

then it lists the kb's and bytes.
then i run the chkdsk with the /F, restart my computer.
i did this 3 times at least once with the /R.
CHKDSK still comes up with that same problem.

Does this have something to do with it?

I attached more mini dumps.

Thanks

*sigh it happened again.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
attached is the minidump
i really hope its not the RAM cuz its brand new, Black Friday RAM.

Your 0x19 error is BAD_POOL_HEADER. From aunha.org:

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. (By theory, RAM problems would be suspect for memory pool issues, but I haven’t been able to confirm this as a cause.)

Your other error that I could read was an 0xF4. Here is an archived link from TechSpot: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65491.html

Scroll down and notice the answers given by PeterDiva and others.

Also, I highly recommend backing up all important information. You could very well have a bad harddrive and it may be failing or beyond repair.

I ran memtest for over 10 hours, 13 passes, no problems.
I followed peterdiva's link and did those recommended steps.
with the defraging and the paging file stuff.
Got another BSOD again.
New Code:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
there was no minidump for the latest one (today).
also ran another chkdsk /r.

hmm had another one right after the last one, no code.
im going to try to revert the paging size to system managed vs custom to c if it helps.

Dangerous Error!! BAD POOL ERRROR (BSOD)

Hello friends,
I am facing a serious problem with my computer.And the obvious problem is BSOD saying BAD POOL ERROR
And I have attached the minidump file.Before attaching the dump file,i have followed the instructions which you have instructed me to do...But, theres not change in the performance.
This problem comes only if I keep my system working for more hrs.
This is my system configuration
Windows XP SP2
Intel CORE 2 DUO E4500 @ 2.2GHz
1GB DDR2 OCZ RAM modules
256MB ATI Radeon X850XT (PCI Express)
160GB SATA Harddisk
REALTEK SOUND CARD
INTEL DG 33 FB Motherboard
IOMEGA DVD WRITER
1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive
ZEBRONICS 400W SMPS...
One more important thing is that, motherboard, RAM, Processor @ SMPS are the new installations in this configuration.I used to face the same problem even when i was working with the old system.And the same problem continues even after installing the new components....Thats the reason, I am very confused.I am facing this problem even for the new system.
Anyways, kindly look into the minidump file and please reply soon.

uhm ive been browsing other blue screening forums and the fact that i get so many bluescreens with a variety of error codes puzzles me.
im wondering if it is an os problem?

nonreflexabilit said:
Another blue screen.
New error message:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-38458-Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.html
i scanned that forum but i dont understand what half of them did.
i cant find any of the stuff they said was their problem ie netlimiter, nltdi.sys, and that other bit stuff.

Attach your minidump. The error you cite is an 0x50 one which means requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Just out of curiosity what security software are you using, i.e. firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware? And, are you running or have installed more than one of each?

baharat - It is much easier and quicker if you start your own thread but I did read your minidump. You have and 0xC2 error and this is typically caused by a faulty driver or buggy software. In your case the faulty driver was SYMTDI.SYS which of the Symantec (Norton) Security Software. Since it is Norton it doesn't suprise me. What version are you running?

Thanks a lot Mr.Route44..i am really thankful to you for studying my dump file.I am using NORTON ANTI VIRUS 2003 PROFESSIONAL EDITION. Its the oldest one i guess.Do you want me to make any changes to it?Along with NAV,I am also using an old version of Zone Alarm 5.5....
What do you say?Please reply....

And mr.Route44, for your information, I am using a very old SOUND CARD...is there any chance of this old SOUND CARD being the culprit for this problem?
Please let me know..

Your sound card didn't show up but one minidump isn't really a lot to go by. I would say it is time to possibly get a whole new PC if possible and there are a number of better anti-virus solutions than Norton.

But, I have actually bought a new system.As i mentioned earlier, I have purchased new mOtherboard,Processor, SMPS, RAM and i m currently using these in the system...ANd i guess,i almost bought a new system by buying these 4 components.And surprisingly, I am not at all using NORTON INTERNET SECURITY. I am using NORTON ANIT VIRUS 2003 PROFESSIONAL EDITION along with ZONE ALARM.....So,do u think i need to remove the file SYMTDI.sys from my system? Will i face any problem in the future if at all i remove the file....

I would not in the least remove any file. I believe it it time to upgrade your anti-vrus to Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, AVAST!, or Anti-Vir.

AVAST! has a very nice free home edition antivirus offering.

Buy the way, uninstalling Symantic/Norton can be a major pain because it leaves behind remnants. Go to the Security forum here and follow their rules on how to completely remove Norton. It is a sticky.

Hmm ok i got a new os, and everything was fine for about a week and a half.
then i got another bsod, here is the attached minidump.

Minidump was corrupted and thus unreadable.

New OS, but did you upgrade your ant-virus, etc. as has been suggested?

Yeah i had gotten that avast stuff. And i still got problems
im starting over, using my second hd as a primary and gettin rid of my primary. Right after all my drivers, i got
bad pool header again. Right after i dled winrar. This time i used graphics drivers, chipset drivers, from their respective sites
gunna try avast again thnx for the help so far
1/2 way through the avast dl i got bad pool header again. So one of my drivers is messed up im guessing?
rig:
abit in9 32x max mobo
3.0 ghz intel duo core
2 gigs ocz ram
8600 gt 512 mb
maxtor 320 hd
lg 18x dvd drive
on top of default drivers:
divx
realtek
firefox
launchy
ux theme multip patcher.
2 minutes of my computer on error code: pfn list corrupt

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. (By theory, RAM problems would be suspect for memory pool issues, but I haven’t been able to confirm this as a cause.)

The above was from auhma.org and I highlited bad sectors and disk write issues because of your suspect of just a bad harddrive.

Let us know if your solution works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back