Problem enabling digital audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

I would like to enable digital audio playback on my Cd-rom drives. I am using Windows 2000 advanced server. I can check the "enable digital audio playback" box but as soon as I click OK, Windows crashes with a Stop 0x0000009B error.

My drives are;

Teac 532E-B and Plextor 1210A.

I know that both drives are capable of digital audio so can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

Two Q's to help narrow the problem:

1. You have connected the drive(s) to the soundcard with the sp-dif cable (you have 2 cables which are to be run from the cdrom to the soundcard... Make sure both are connected)

2. You have installed all relevant drivers for the soundcard, and W2k compability updates?

Q1. All cables are connected.

Q2. Drivers are installed for soundcard - no exclamation marks turning up in device manager.

It's an Epox motherboard with on board sound - I installed the drivers from CD that came with the board.

Should I look for updated drivers?

Originally posted by jem
It's an Epox motherboard with on board sound - I installed the drivers from CD that came with the board.

Should I look for updated drivers?

Yes, as the drivers on the cd are usually quite old...

If that doesn't work, wait until someone else comes along here... I don't know the epox boards, so I'm just giving "generic" help:)

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back