Problem extracting xp service pack 2: File corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i downloaded the windows xp service pack 2 install off microsoft's website. Halfway through the extraction, i get an error message saying File Corrupt. I have tryed countless times to redownload or re extract, and it has not fixed the problem.

Does anyone here know a solution to this?

you can download it again, thats the only way. The file is corrupted somehow.

FYI - microsoft will send you a free sp2 cd at yoru request.

you should be able to download the network version.

If you like to wait, or you have a RAD internet connection try this one.

Keep in mind that this is the network version. It is the WHOLE service pack not a download pointer like you get with windows update. 272mb worth of service pack lovin'.

Good luck
Hope this helps.

Boot into safe mode as administrator. Dump the temp internet files using internet options. Click on start->run and type %temp%. Delete all the files in that folder. log off and log back in under your account. Do the same steps. Look on the root drive (assuming it's C:). If there are folders with many random numbers and letters, delete them. Or rename them as backup1, etc.

Reboot to real mode and manually go to the windows update website.

Sorry to say, I've had the same problem with the CD version of SP2--every attempt to extract the files ends with "Extraction failed--file is corrupt." This occurs whether extracting from the CD or from copied files on the hard drive; whether using a command line or the 'xpsp2.cmd' that comes with the CD.

If it's of any help, the last file being worked on was i386\root\cmpnents\tabletpc\i386\ptc_oobe.dl_.

Is there some way of extracting this stuff without the corruption check--especially if it's just this one file, and my having no interests in Tablet PCs! Am just trying to use it to develop a slip-streamed version of XP (Home).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back