Problem installing latest Forceware drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, i've just tried installing the latest Forceware drivers for my GeForce 6800GS, but it comes up at the end saying the system has not been modified and then a windows problem reports thing (windows vista x86) comes up and says that Age of Empires II update 2.0a isn't compatible with vista.

The drivers that i'm trying to install are version 158.24 and i got them straight form the nVidia website.

Can anyone help and tell me why they won't install? Oh, and i did uninstall the old drivers first :)

Thanks

haha tell me about it mate

i bought a new hard drive and i thought, new drive, new os, seeing as it's just come out, but maybe that wasn't one of my best decisions haha

vista's ok until you come down to the fact that nothing works with it

Daveskater, if the first drivers installed under VISTA, reinstall them, and give VISTA time to mature before u expect much out of it.

yeah, i was going to give the new drivers one more try today when my pc hasn't been on long because it can get a bit warm.

if it doesn't work then i'll put the old ones back on.

i put a post up here because i thought maybe somebody else might be having the same problem

the problem with VISTA is every one is having problems and no one knows how to answere them, not even Microsoft.

ah, well if that's the case microsoft should keep their products in development for longer and have moresubstatial beta/rc rests

i've installed the old drivers again but do you think that the next batch of drivers will work? in theory they should because nvidia released them but its obviously down to microsoft.

Daveskater said:
microsoft should keep their products in development for longer and have moresubstatial beta/rc rests

they are enjoying their paychecks as you find the problems for them HA

you're probably not far wrong there :D

thing is though, useless software is only going to annoy people and ms could really do without more people disliking them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back