Not open for further replies.
First my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2.0Ghz
768mb DDRAM
Geforce FX 5600 128 mb(non-ultra)
40 GB seagate HD
Windows XP with SP-1
300W PSU

I bought an Inno3D Geforce FX 5600 128 mb and thought I'm gonna kick some *** with today's soon-to-be-scrapped directX8 games. That's until i inserted my video card into the AGP, installing the latest Forceware 53.0 drivers and played my games. I observed random glitches and image distortion on different areas of the screen, most noticeable on NBA Live 2004 wherein an artifact would appear distorting the crowd animations and such. Please help, i've done everything from reinstalling the drivers to formatting and its same. I'm thinking of replacing my psu, would that fix the glitches? Is it a power problem? How much power does this damn card requires?

What is the video card specs.?
is it a 2X or 4X?
Some motherboards are not compatiable with 4X which I think that card maybe...
Not really sure about the problem, but maybe check that info. and see if it helps...
Cheers...

try some older drivers, the latest Forceware drivers seem to be a bit buggy.

Also,
What is the video card specs.?
is it a 2X or 4X?
Some motherboards are not compatiable with 4X which I think that card maybe...
Not really sure about the problem, but maybe check that info. and see if it helps...
Cheers...

The FX 5600 is a 8X agp card, it might be the mainbord. Take a look at the settings, and have a look if you still have it when anti-aliasing and Anisotropische filters are disabled.

I'm thinking of replacing my psu, would that fix the glitches? Is it a power problem? How much power does this damn card requires?

before you replace the psu you can simply take out some pci cards, fans and other optional device's. For your system a 300watt psu should be sufficient unless you have allot of extra power hungry device's hooked up to your pc.

Greets Crazy,

I've tried,Oh God, I've tried!

Guys, thanks for the posts. Boy that was quick! I already tried removing every bit of chunk in my pc: I've taken out my extra memory, my sound card and modem(I'm using on-board devices now), I'm now basically left with a bare-bone:a hard-drive, a cd-rom, a processor and the pesky Geforce, and still the glitches are there. I've reinstalled the older detonator drivers, oh hell I've tried them all! and still there they are. Guys, I'm pulling my hairs out, I'll just try replacing the card. Gigathanks anyway :)

If you still have magic tricks left for this problem, pls call me in the morning. Ciao!!!

Graphical glitches usually produce because of bad driver or effect of overclocking. Did you overclock it?
And for driver try using from omega, i think he have better driver than nvidia have.
And check for your hardware temp, too high can cause that problem too, check the cooling device.

Try haveing a look if you are having any IRQ conflicts, that might explain why your having glitches.

Else i don't know, if it isn't the psu, drivers, windows itself, ...

UncleGemboel has a point did you ever in the past o/c the card?

Greets Crazy,

PS: Hope it gets sorted out and hope its an IRQ conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back