Problem Radeon X800 GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced my Radeon 9600SE 128MB graphics card with a Radeon X800 GTO (AGP) 256MB card from Palit. With the old card I had no problems running FarCry or Half Life but problems running FEAR, hence the upgrade.

I am now having troubles running all games. They will all load to certain stage and then the screen goes black and I get the message “entering sleep mode” and the machine locks. I did have some early success with getting FarCry and FEAR going but as soon as I use some of the weapons that cause a flash the screen goes black and I get the sleep message and the machine locks up.

Motherboard GA-7VT600 1394
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Processor
1GB RAM
Philips LCD 170S4 monitor 1280X1024 60Mhz

PLease help

You didn't mention updating your drivers.

You definitely should update your Catalyst drivers to the latest version. www.ati.com

Drivers

Yes I did this a couple of days ago, same result. I haven't updated the BIOS software and I'll do this today.

What is your power supply? What are the amps on the rails (+3.3v, +5v, +12v)? The 9600SE does not use as much power as your newer X800 GTO does. Perhaps your power supply cannot provide enough power to your new video card.

I've solved the problem, put in a new power supply and everything is working beautifully, thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back