Problem setting up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a P5P800 MOBO. I just formated my hard drive and I started installing Windows Xp Professional with service pack 2. Original version with legal key.
When disk is being installed Iget a fatal error``One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed. Data error(cyclic reduncy check)
I tried 2 other os disks. I still get the same message. I am presently using a sata hard drive. Can someone help me....

crc

cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a type of hash function used to produce a checksum – a small, fixed number of bits – against a block of data, such as a packet of network traffic or a block of a computer file. The checksum is used to detect errors after transmission or storage. A CRC is computed and appended before transmission or storage, and verified afterwards by recipient to confirm that no changes occurred on transit. CRCs are popular because they are simple to implement in binary hardware, are easy to analyze mathematically, and are particularly good at detecting common errors caused by noise in transmission channels. Introduction

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Cyclic+redundancy+check

you have a driver issue of some sort. It could be BIOS related or elsewhere. If using an AMD system, ensure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Also ensure you have the latest SATA drivers. Then retry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back