Problem sizing documents when printing from Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandowftm

Hi all,

I have a problem that is starting to annoy me as I cant seem to find a way around it.

What i am doing is trying to print off a spreadsheet in excell but I am having to size it down so that it fits the page correctly, it should fit onto 2 pages but when i first look at the page break preview it shows 12 pages.

So after moving these around so that they look correct i go into print preview and it shows everything correctly, but i want this spreadsheet to fit the whole page, not just occupy the left hand corner of it.

I have tried everything i can think of, margins, print areas, allsorts but cannot get it to fit the whole page. i know it can be done too because someone else has done it without knowing how.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Sometimes the proportions of the page will change the print layout - have you tried setting the layout to landscape? Does that make a difference

be sure there are NO extra rows in the sheet AND no extra sheets.

you may like to Define Print Area to force print only the selected area:

1- select the top-left cell to be printed (like that in the heading or title row)
scroll to the LAST ROW, scroll right to the LAST COLUMN and hold the shift key and click (you've selected the content desired).

2- now use the File->Print Area->Set Area

3- finally, File->Print as normal

Yes, i have set the print area and everything else i could think of.
the print areas look correct when i go into print preview but i want to stretch the spreadsheet to fit the full A3 page.
Here,
untitled.jpg

this might help you more, thats the print preview, and i want it to fit the pages width as it will be easier to read when printed, and i know it can be done

Ahah! You want to print to A3 size paper on an A3 printer?
Change the paper settings in Excel Print > Page Settings from A4 to A3.
Don't forget to change it back again as this will change all.

are you printing to a printer that is DIRECTLY attached to your system or a
printer that is shared elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back