Problem w/ intel pentium 4 511 2.8ghz w/HT NEED HELP QUICK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a new computer and everything is working properly... the hard drive, memory, power supply, case, motherboard, etc... BUT I am having a problem with the processor and fan. What happens is the computer starts up but the screen stays black and the fan for the processor will not start up. I have tried removing some fans to about 2 but nothing is working(i have 5 fans on the comp. excluding the processor fan). I am begining to think it is an electrical problem with the fan or something. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

Are sure that fan is seated properly, and also that you use motherboard standoffs when putting it in the case. Have seen that problem with both of those senerios.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What MoBo?
After you check on Jimbo420's suggestions, I suggest stripping it down to bare essentials.
1. cpu heatsink & fan
2. 1 stick of ram
3. video card or onboard video
4.monitor
5. keyboard
6.psu (power supply)
7. front panel connections

Un-hook every thing else
Hdd, floppy drive, Cdrom/dvd's, addin cards (soundcard/nic), addon fans etc.
just the bare essentials to get you to a bios screen & booted to cmos.

Make certain you have the three wire plug for the cpu fan, front panel connections & power supply cables plugged into the correct places, refer to your MoBo pamphlet.
G'Luck!

Could you elaborate some? This could help some oen else having same difficulties.

BTW! Awesome it's workin for you :bounce: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back