Problem w/ Mobo.. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I've seen so many help threads for other problems, I knew that when I finally had a problem, this would be the place to come.

My friend contacted me a while ago, said his computer would start, boot to the harddrive, then reset.

So, I took a look at it, and it had a bunch of spyware, and viruses, etc etc.

I decided to format the harddrive, and start over from scratch. Reinstall windows, the works.

One Interesting thing... Before I wiped it, I tried booting it as the primary on my system, and it worked fine. Booted windows, no problem.

So, now I put the windows XP cd in his CD Rom Drive, and I'm sure this is the cd rom drive that was used to install windows on the system originally... It loads, says Press F6 to install raid drivers or what have you, and then that goes away (the text) and it just stays at that blue screen with "Windows setup" up at the upper left.

Can anyone help me? :( Just tell me where to start and I'll do my best... This has really puzzled me. I've been able to fix all my own computer misshaps, and that of both my parents, but this one just STUMPS me! I reset the bios, checked all the configurations, checked the wires... this should work! Thanks much in advance. =)

-Rob

Okay, I'll give that a shot. Thanks =)

Edit: Nope, Swapped out the cable with a test cable, and it still freezes up after the F6 for raid drivers bit. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back