Problem with 3D Prophet FDX RADEON 8500LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

young&wild

Hello all...

I been busy with the past few days configuring my new pc...that's why i wasn't seen hanging around the 3DTechspot IRC channel.

I finally managed to install Win XP Pro...did a couple of critcal updates including "Service Pack 1", updated all of my drivers to the latest, flashed the Bios and the VGA Bios to rectify some problems.

Installed Unreal Tournament Demo to test my grahics card....strated the game..browsed through the menu , adjusted the resolution to 1024 x 768 and 32bbp..started a practise session and the pc hang halfway through the game. I'm not sure about the main cause...perhaps there is something wrong with my video card settings? Any clues?

Here's is the complete specification of my pc:

AMD XP2000+ w/ Volcano 7+ CU
350w Icute PSU
MSI KT4V(KT400)
Kingston DDR333 512MB
Western Digital 80.0GB (8MB)
3D Prophet FDX RADEON 8500 LE (64MB)
Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III
Yamaha CRW-F1E
Sony 16x DVD
MS Multimedia Keyboard
MS Intelli Optical Mouse
D-Link ADSL Router 504
Philips 17" 107T4

Icute PSU?

Have you had any problems in Windows, like random resets and/or blue screens?

You may want to check the documentation that came with it - and check for the amperage rating on the 12V rail.

Eh, forget that, you have 15A on the 12V rail. That is certainly not enough for 6 case fans, plus 4 more.

Anyway - I would post more but time is of the essence. I gave you the link for the PSU thread, so enjoy!

Thanks for the qucik reply..guess i nd to disable my fans to check out..yes i did have a couple of random reboot...thanks for reminding me!!! No blue screens before! Thanks for the link you gave....helps me understand. I thin i better disable 2 of my 8cm fans(they are blowing nothing).

I disabled all of my casing fans and a thermometer....then i ran Unreal Tournament Demo and faced a similar problem, the computer freezed halfway throught the game...is there still problems with the PSU or the settings with the video card are wrong?

Well by disconnecting all your case fans you're now facing an overheating problem :haha: What are your temps?

The fact that you are facing random resets and lockups during games can only attribute to one thing, IMHO, a PSU inadequacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back