Problem with 7600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Necrosjef

I have been using a nvidia 7600GT for the past few months and it has been working fine.

However today when i put my pc on my monitor came up with "no signal" and went onto standby mode so i checked and made sure everything was plugged in as it should be at the back and tried again but still "no signal" so i tried a different wire and got "no signal" monitor on standby so i dig out my old wire and plug in my 6100 Chipset and the monitor goes on.

I go into device manager and my 7600GT is not displayed in there at all as if it were gone.

So i opened up my pc and had a look and the fan on the 7600GT was spinning everything seemed normal so i gave it a little clean with a dry cloth and reconnected everything but still get the "no signal" message appearing.

Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it? Anyway to get my pc to recognise the card again or could it be the card is just burnt out??

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Necrosjef

3 things

1.) Turn off your machine, unplug the the power cord and remove the video card from the computer. It may need to be re-seated or somthing of that nature. Clear your bios and reinstall the card making sure it is securly installed.

2.) You may have a bad PCIE slot....

3.) Your card could have died.......But to rule out #2 see if a friend will let you try it in their computer first before you go out and buy a new card. It will be cheaper to replace the MOBO than buy a new card lol.

Right gonna remove the card and put it back in just now ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Necrosjef, if you ever make it back .... ;)

This could also be a sign that your PSU is on it's last legs. Download and run speedfan and see how many volts your system is putting out on the +3.3v, +5v and +12v rails.

Hello again!

I actually got really drunk last night and fell asleep.

Now back to business :)

I reseated the card and swapped cables i then tried the card in my other PC but it didnt work there either and gave the same result.

Gonna download and try this speedfan program now and see what happens.

Everything else seems to be in working order excluding the card and the fan on the card is moving so i would assume power is reaching it and that information from the card is not reaching the monitor for whatever reason :(

Here are the results from speedfan

3.3V = 3.30V
5V = 5.13V
12V = 12.16V

On temperatures i don't have anything above 40 degrees celcius

If you tried that graphics card in another computer, and it also didn't work there, chances are you have a DOA card (unless you have two wacky computers, which is unlikely).

I'd return it to the seller (if you can) and get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back