Problem with 9800se ¿drivers maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how to explain this problem.
I have bought 9800se and cannot use it, because it restarts the pc before or on the user's screen of winxp (the screen freezes or is restarted without asking)

I have tried to install drivers on "Safe Mode" in Winxp, but when ask to reboot it's the same :wtf:

First I start on the drivers Omega(downloaded) and I put 9800se overcloked (and normal too), then I try to install the disc drivers that come with the graphic card (Ati display driver), installs perfectly the Winxp driver, I put "not to reboot" to install the catalyst drivers that come on the same disc and there is when freezes the pc (the red light keeps lit, as if it was working).
Note: before installing again any other driver I have insured myself of erasing the previous one.

Can't install any driver

My pc caracteristics:
P4m80-m7a with bios update
Winxp with sp2
512mb
Pentium4 3.01ghz

Reading a somewhat similar problem, it seems I have to format and reinstall WindowsXp :confused:

The 9800SE should have an auxilliary power connector. Did you forget to connect it to the power supply?

After you uninstall the previous driver you should be restarting the PC and once restarted, then you install the new graphics driver. So, when it restarts (without the new driver installed), Windows restarts okay too, right? How are you proceeding after this point?

After I install "ati display driver" and reboot, everything fine.
When I try to install Catalyst or omega its when it freezes the screen.

Do u have the latest .NET Framework installed? Try installing that and then try to install the Catalyst drivers again. Also, try waiting at the screen to see what happens. Just leave it for 10 minutes or so.

So you are installing the display driver separately from the Catalyst Control Center? I'm asking to clear up any confusion since there is a Catalyst Control Center Package too which already contains the display driver.

Then Rage_3K_Moiz has a point. You need .NET Framework installed before installing Catalyst Control Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back