problem with a lot of games

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend has some problem when he starts a game on his pc (full screen) his screen comes black (that is still normal) but then his game just falls of
i'd try to help him by installing directx 8.1 on this pc (he has win 98 and radeon 9200 his card doesnt support directx 9.0) but that didnt work. but at some games like age of empires(2) and some other games it does work without his game doesnt start. but that are very old games. here are the games where he gets this problem >>> worms world party an psx emulator ( "epsxe" and the plugins are 100% good configured) and some games i cant remember, actualy a lot games i cant remember

so if anyone know his problem plz post it here

his hardware:
- card: Radeon 9200SE
- Win 98
- ram: somwhere at 64-128mb
- p4 but i dont know the mhz of this p4
- well thads all i know of his hardware

I don't really know what you mean by "his game just falls of" Does that mean the game shuts down and returns to windows?

That system seems pretty out of date. Maybe suggest he upgrade his GPU, OS, and RAM

yes i mean his game shuts down to windows
i dont think he is going to buy new parts for his pc cuz he is buying a new one when vista comes out

Ok I would try completely uninstalling all of the drivers from add/remove programs..Then do a search for anything ati related and delete them all. Then download the latest drivers from ati.com and see if that helps.

Hello sleonhart, first of all to provide a better help you may want to take a look to more details on his computer specs, the PC sure looks kind of old, that makes me wonder if it's really a P4, if you don't know how to look at CPU speed and exact amount of ram you can use a freeware program like everest (just google it) or just right click my computer and select properties. Besides I just remember Windows 98 and I got a headache, (cuz drivers and BSOD) I could suggest upgrade to XP if he have at least 128 of RAM but if he don't want to spend money on that computer then you might wanna start doing what shoupie suggest to you, uninstall old drivers and try for the most recent version of those drivers for win98, btw games like AOE 2 doesn't demand a high performance video card, not even PSX emulator, I used to play those games with an old ACER 466mhz 64MB RAM on board video sis 4MB HD 8GB (waaay to old, my first computer) so if you can't make it work, you can get a basic card for around 5 bucks on ebay, or if the system has onboard video take out the ATI and use onboard video. I hope this helps, Good Luck!

thx for all the advice i will try to help my friend tomorow and if it still doesn't work he will have to wait for his new pc ;)

srry for all my bad english

128MB Ram is usually not enough to run most newer games (in the past 2 years), and not many newer games support Windows 98. With all of these older components, it leads me to believe that the cpu is also not that new either. When you read this, click the following link to download a program called CPU-Z, which will tell you everything about your computer, and ram amount.

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-137.zip

EDIT:
Your English is good, do not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back